As we look to the future of our sisterhood, we know that the chapter house will serve a central role in our long-term success. Our beautiful and historic Joesler home is where lifelong friendships are made and the spirit of over 100 years of sisterhood lives.
For many of us, our years in Pi Phi were our launching pad. We developed leadership, organizational and social skills at meetings in the chapter room, study tables in the dining room and watching movies in the date room. The socials, recruitment events, service projects, and late nights helped us bond with each other and develop lifelong friendships.
We are planning a $2.5 million renovation/expansion to begin March 2019.
Why is now the right time to help build for the future of Arizona Alpha?
- With over 300 members, rather than meeting in the privacy of our own home, the chapter is forced to rent auditorium space on campus – sterile spaces which diminish the sacred use of our ritual.
- The dining room, which only holds 100, is far too small to seat our members for formal dinners or for other educational and sisterhood activities. Remember the joy of singing Pi Phi Grace together on Monday nights? Today’s active members are missing out on those important elements of our sisterhood!
- The house needs to be fully accessible by members, alumnae and guests with special needs. This means adding ramps, an elevator, and making day/study rooms ADA compliant.
- Serving meals to over 300 is a challenge. We need increased space and improved efficiency to eliminate longs lines during lunch and dinner.
- Strong new members are the key to our future and welcoming potential members into our home is an essential part of recruitment. Today, with over 1500 women going through Recruitment, we simply cannot comfortably accommodate them in our living spaces, even after removing all furniture on the first floor.
- Built in 1929, our beautiful house is in desperate need of upgrades. Many sororities have already completed substantial renovations or built new houses, and Pi Phi is beginning to pale in comparison. We have the opportunity to retain all of the charm of our historic house while modernizing it for the 330 women who call it home each year.
We invite all Arizona Alpha alumnae and parents to be a part of this landmark effort. There are many giving levels and naming opportunities. Consider how you can leave your legacy to help preserve Arizona Alpha history for the next 100 years.
We are so grateful for your support of our Pi Phi sisterhood!
Arizona Alpha Chapter House Corporation & Campaign Committee
Please note as of August 2018 the architectural plans are going through some edits. As soon as we complete we will update campaign materials, including all naming opportunities.